Memories of a border land.
The old Ponale road is a real icon in Garda Trentino. Boldly carved into the rock face and suspended between the lake and mountains, every step you take is guaranteed to take your breath away. But that's not all: have you ever heard of the Tagliata del Ponale? It is a fort entirely dug into the rock face, and a marvel of Habsburg military engineering that’s just begging to open its doors and tell its fascinating story.
INFO & FAQ:
- Bookings until 5:00 p.m. the day before the tour;
- Start: 09:00 p.m.;
- Meeting point: Info Point Riva del Garda - Largo Medaglie d’Oro al Valor Militare, 5 | 38066 Riva del Garda;
- Duration: 4 hours;
- Included services: Guide, exclusive entry to the Tagliata del Ponale;
- Required equipment: Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for hiking and trekking shoes. Please bring a backpack with a litre of water, a snack, sunscreen and sunglasses;
- Provided equipment: Helmet to wear where and if required by the guide;
- Possible route variations at the guide’s discretion; The Ponale is a partly unpaved Alpine trail.
Accessible to disabled people