The Colle di Santo Stefano is a place of history and memory, testimony of two historical moments, which have left a strong trace on the history of Valle di Ledro, the Third Italian War of Independence and the First World War.
The tunnels and trenches on the hill date back to the First World War. Here were the headquarters of the Italian Army. The spiral staircase behind the church leads to Galleria La Marmora, which was used as storeroom during the war.
On the top of the hill there’s a big white marble cross in memory of the Fallen of the Battle of Bezzecca of 1866, which was fought between Austrians and Italian troops under the lead of Garibaldi. In the little church of Santo Stefano lies the Unknown Warrior. Near the church there’s a cannon, which is also a nice viewpoint over Lake Ledro.
|Period: 01.05 - 30.09||mo||tu||we||th||fr||sa||su|
|10:30 - 13:00|
|15:00 - 18:00|