The “Marina” of Riva del Garda
San Nicolò Port is the marina of Riva del Garda. With its 150 mooring points, is is home to many boats that provide a colourful backdrop for a pleasant stroll along the lake.
The port is overlooked by the huge San Nicolò Fort, built between 1860 and 1861 by the Austrian-Hungarian Empire to keep watch over the lake and prevent potential Italian landings. The fortification was part of the powerful defence system that covered all of Mount Brione and the Garda Trentino coastline.
Today the San Nicolò Fort hosts various associations related to the outdoor activities on Lake Garda.